So it’s Saturday and its the night I make a quick, healthy but treat dinner for hubby and I so we can relax and put our feet up!
We always treat ourselves with some nibbles and a glass of wine and dinner is a healthy version of our favourite comfort food!
Tonight I am making my favorite burgers! And who would have thought I would prefer these over the best pub hamburgers I have eaten but I really do – they are amazing. These Black Bean, Mushroom and quinoa burgers came together completely by accident (as usual in my kitchen!) But the flavors work so well together. The meatiness of the mushrooms with the nuttiness of the quinoa mixed with the heavenly softness of the beans fused with Thai spices….equals perfection even if I do say so myself!!
Makes 12 Burgers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 540ml Tin Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 red onions, chopped
- 1 250g pack mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt & paper
- Sprinkling Thai spices
- Tsp coriander/cilantro
- 2-3 tsp flax seeds
- Place the quinoa in a pan and cover well with water, cook for about 12 minutes adding more water if necessary, drain
- Cook onion in a pan with a tiny bit of olive oil with spices for about 2 minutes
- Add mushrooms
- Place the mushroom mix with the drained quinoa, drained black beans and flax seeds in a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and Shape the mix into about 12 patty shapes using a spoon
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until firm
- Remove from oven and leave to stand for a few minutes
I serve between whole wheat muffins for the carb king topped with chunky guacamole and chipotle yogurt served with a simple salad and for me I omit the bread and this meal is truly one of my absolute favorites, it is ooh tasty!!