I love all things salty and I was so pleased that I have found another successful chip/cracker recipe. This is just as easy as my Pumpkin Seed Crackers but they have the added goodness of Flax seeds and the extra juiciness of sweet plump raisins! These little babies pair fantastically with cheese, yogurt dip or hummus, meat, salad – pretty much anything or simply on their own!
I find flax seeds can be somewhat of an acquired taste and I have tried them in many recipes and found them to be a bit overpowering. But they are so good for you. Some call them one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. There’s some evidence they may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. That’s pretty impressive for a tiny seed that’s been around for centuries so where I can I have tried to incorporate these little seeds into my cooking and eventually I have found one that works!
Makes 2 Jars
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Raw Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Dried Rosemary
- Mix the flour, flax, sunflower seeds, raisins and water together in a bowl
- On parchment paper place a large blob and flatten down with another piece of paper over the top. Then using a rolling pin, roll out the mixture as thin as you can get it. You will probably need to do this on 2 or 3 separate sheets of paper to use all the mixture.
- Once rolled out, sprinkle with salt and rosemary and flatten into the mix
- Place the sheet directly onto the oven shelf and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until the edges turn brown and mix is firm and crispy
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before breaking into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container with a few grains of rice at the bottom to prevent them from going soggy. Will keep for a couple of weeks but they wont last that long!!!