So you know by now that I am a Snacker! I love to find healthy snacks, it’s so important to me to be able to keep eating clean that I find healthy alternatives to otherwise unhealthy foods.
Roasted Edamame Beans are the next best thing! They are so easy, so yummy and so good for you!!! Edamame Beans are full of goodness, just 1 cup has 15g of protein and 180 calories making it a perfect snack.
The process of roasting them is the same as my roasted chickpeas, they just don’t need to be in such a hot oven. Similar to the Chickpeas, they can burn quite quickly so keep an eye on them after about 40 minutes.
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 Cup Frozen Edamame Beans
- PAM or similar oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- Tsp Cumin or 1/2 Tsp Chipotle powder
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Leave the Edamame Beans out to defrost and dry on Paper Towel
- Line a baking tray with foil and add the Beans
- Spray the beans ensuring all are coated
- Sprinkle over the seasoning and shake around
- Place on the top shelf of the oven for about 50 minutes to an hour, keep checking to ensure they don’t burn
- Remove when crunchy and allow to cool
- Store in an airtight container with a few grains of rice to prevent them from going soggy