For the Brown Krispie Bites (Makes 12)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Krispies/Puffs
- 2 Tbsps Coconut Oil
- 2 Heaped Tbsps Cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsps Syrup – either Maple Syrup or Sugar Free Syrup depending on whether you’re more interested in calories or clean food (I use a tablespoon of each as I don’t love using processed foods but also try to cut down on sugar where possible)
- Either using a pan or Microwave, heat the coconut oil for about 30 secs, before adding other ingredients so it melts,
- Add the cacao, almond butter and syrup and heat together, stirring every so often, taking great care not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in the krispies coating thoroughly with the chocolate mix
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons into mini muffin cases and freeze.
- You can leave these in the freezer and remove and store in an airtight container. I prefer to leave them in the freezer as they retain more krispiness!!