When I first heard of Courgette/Zucchini Muffins I thought the idea was totally revolting! But I’ve made a few different versions over the last year or so and this is now totally one of my constant favourites. I make 3 or 4 small loaves in those disposable bread trays (anything for an easy life!) and a few muffins every other week and keep them in the freezer. Each loaf at 320 calories can be one serving on its own or you can pair it with a meal or have a couple of muffins for a morning snack. Full of protein they are a great pre or post workout snack and the bread is a fabulous breakfast toast with a bit of almond butter or some pureed fruit smothered on top. I generally toast it before I serve it but it’s totally up to you!
The great thing about Courgette/Zucchini is that because it is so watery, the bread is very moist and keeps for ages. You could add sweetener to the mix but I don’t bother as I like the option of having it as either a sweet or savoury bread.
Makes 2 Small Loaves:
- 2 Scoops Unflavoured Whey Protein
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Courgette/Zucchini
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf trays with coconut oil spray
- Roughly chop the Zucchini/Courgette and place in the food processor. Blitz until it looks grated (it’s just a cheats way so I don’t have to dirty the grater too!)
- Add all the other ingredients to the Blender and mix.
- Pour the mixture between the two loaf trays and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes when you can place a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean. The top should be a nice brown colour.
- Allow to cool and Freeze.