So it’s Pizza night for the rest of the family. You don’t want to miss out but you don’t want to eat all those carbs, calories and white starch!
This is us most Friday nights, the boys have regular Pizza but I make a little one for me without the wheat, using Cauliflower and it is so tasty, I don’t feel like I’m missing out. As I talked about in a recent post ‘Move over Kale….. Cauliflower page’, Cauliflower is so incredibly good for you and this pizza base is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients. The only difference between ‘proper’ pizza and this base is that you can’t really eat it with your fingers in slices as it’s not particularly crispy but personally I really like it like this and it doesn’t bother me using a knife and fork, I enjoy it more!
So I always have a batch of Cauliflower Rice ready in a Mason Jar in the fridge, which makes prepping this dish even easier, just mix it with some Cottage Cheese, an egg, some herbs or spices if you want and stick it in the Oven! In case you missed my post on how to make Cauliflower Rice, it’s really simple;
To Make Cauliflower Rice in Advance of Making Pizza Base:
- Just remove the leaves and stems from a full head of Cauliflower, cut it up into chunks,
- Place the whole lot into the blender and blitz away. Once it has all broken down but BEFORE it turns to puree, pour out of the blender and into a steamer or microwaveable bowl.
- Cover and microwave or steam on the hob for about six and a half minutes
- Allow to cool and store in air tight container such as a Mason Jar. Will keep in the fridge for a week to just re-heat when you’re ready.
To Make 1 Individual Pizza:
- 1 Cup of Cauliflower Rice (already Cooked)
- 1 Tbsp 1% Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Sprinkle of Garlic
- Salt n Pepper
- Place the Cup of pre-made Cauliflower Rice into a bowl
- In a separate mug, mix the egg, cottage cheese and garlic together
- Add the mix to the cauliflower and stir together
- Line a baking Tray with Greaseproof/Parchment paper and spray with Oil Spray
- Spread the cauliflower mixture thinly onto the sheet using the back of a spoon
- Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the middle is firm
- Remove from the Oven
- Add your toppings: tomato paste, veggies, chicken etc and put back under the grill/broil if you prefer or just eat as is!