You’ve probably noticed by now that I’ve got a bit of an obsession with Cauliflower! And it’s so funny because I never ever, ever used to eat it! I really didn’t like it but since I discovered Cauliflower Rice I find it so easy to cook with.
Cauliflower is so versatile and so good for you. It is an absolute superfood; it has more than 70% more detox value than Kale, contains no fat, and next to citrus fruits, is our next best natural source of vitamin C. It also helps the body to fight against infection. Cauliflower has plenty of fibre, folic acid and potassium, proving it’s much more nutritious than it looks. There is also evidence that suggests Cauliflower may be a natural cancer fighter due to its antioxidant properties. It contains lled indoles, which are thought to stimulate enzymes that block the growth of cancer.
This Cauliflower Couscous is just so fab! it is basically just Cauliflower Rice mixed up with veggies but it works so well together and I really wouldn’t miss anything that actual Couscous brought to the table! Served with a portion of Lean Protein it is an excellent Summers evening meal.
- 2 Cups Cauliflower Rice (See Here how to make it)
- 25 Cherry tomatoes halved
- Half a Cucumber
- Thumbnail piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli finely sliced
- 3 Green/Spring Onions finely sliced
- 2 Tsps dried Coriander/Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Green Pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- Salt n pepper
- Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- Tbsp Pine nuts
- In a large bowl mix together the Cauliflower Rice, Tomatoes, Cucumber, ginger, chilli, onions, pepper and pomegranate seeds.
- In a mug mix the Lemon and Lime juice with the Coriander/Cilantro and Salt and Pepper
- Distribute the salad between serving bowls or plates, drizzle the dressing and sprinkle the seeds and nuts over each.
- Serve with a Chicken Breast or lean protein