HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! Hope you’re having a lovely long weekend.
When there’s a chocolate fest ahead… I prepare in advance!
As we know, Easter brings muchos chocolate into the house and I think we all may need a little bit of help to stop ourselves mindlessly nibbling on all those unhealthy sugar full eggs and sweets. To prevent any major slip ups, I make tasty treats ahead of time ready for when I need them! Then I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything and get to have a few treats but without the nagging guilt feeling after I’ve eaten it!
So easy to make – Dark chocolate covered strawberries and Gooey fudgy brown rice krispy bites and they are absolutely gorgeous.
The fab thing about good quality dark chocolate is that it doesn’t leave you wanting more so not only is it sooo tasty, it really stops the cravings leaving you totally satisfied…. absolute winner!!
For the Chocolate covered strawberries:
- About 15 strawberries rinsed and patted dry
- About 50g Good Quality Dark Chocolate at least 85% Cacao
- Simply place the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and melt. Can also place in microwaveable bowl and heat for about 1-2 minutes, stirring until melted
- Holding the strawberry by the green leaf, just roll in the chocolate and place on a tray covered with parchment paper. Continue until all chocolate has been used.
- Place the tray in the fridge until chocolate hardened and keep in an airtight container refrigerated until eaten.
For the Brown Krispie Bites (Makes 12)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Krispies/Puffs
- 2 Tbsps Coconut Oil
- 2 Heaped Tbsps Cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsps Syrup – either Maple Syrup or Sugar Free Syrup depending on whether you’re more interested in calories or clean food (I use a tablespoon of each as I don’t love using processed foods but also try to cut down on sugar where possible)
- Either using a pan or Microwave, heat the coconut oil for about 30 secs, before adding other ingredients so it melts,
- Add the cacao, almond butter and syrup and heat together, stirring every so often, taking great care not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in the krispies coating thoroughly with the chocolate mix
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons into mini muffin cases and freeze.
- You can leave these in the freezer and remove and store in an airtight container. I prefer to leave them in the freezer as they retain more krispiness!!
And now you’ve got your own Treats ready…. Have a wonderful Easter without the guilt!!!!
lots of love