I am so sorry guys and gals, I have been totally MIA recently, but it’s all good! I haven’t posted about any food because I have been living out of the freezer and I haven’t posted any motivational tips because I haven’t had the chance to need extra motivation, been so busy! …slap my pandies….x
I have been in the pool at any given opportunity training for my Aqua Fitness Certification and I honestly love it, I have found a new passion! I love swimming anyway and it has always been my go to especially in times of injury or being off running. But I also love music and dance so it is basically a match made in heaven for me. I have still got so much to learn but seriously believe exercise in water is so incredibly good for you and am really looking forward to putting some fabulous workouts together for my lovely ladies!
Anyway it’s Thanksgiving here this weekend and Harvest Festival time in the UK so what better way to give thanks for all the wonderful foods we have on offer than to get back in the kitchen!
I have been cooking most of the afternoon today and have some excellent recipes coming your way but one I have fallen in love with is my Curried Cauliflower Salad. As you know I have a bit of a thing for Cauliflower so I try to get it in where I can! It goes WONDERFULLY with ham or turkey so perfect for Thanksgiving tea!
- Head of Cauliflower broken into small florets
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Spinach
- 1 Cup of Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Tumeric Powder
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the Cauliflower florets in a baking tray lined with foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle half a tsp of the curry powder and half a tsp turmeric over. Bake for 10-15 minutes until browned, leave to cool
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl mix all the vegetable and seed ingredients together
- In a cup or measuring jug, mix the yogurt, lemon juice and rest of the seasonings together well, add the cooled cauliflower to the veg mix and stir in the dressing.
- It’s as simple as that, serve or refrigerate for later ….and enjoy….x