It seems I have developed a bit of a ‘thing’ for oats and pumpkin seeds! I find them so easy to cook with, they are so healthy and versatile so here is another one of my favourites at the moment!!
These bars are super easy to make, can be frozen and defrosted really well and I always have one in my handbag for hunger pang emergencies! I have also found they work really well at 5.30 in the morning when I have to wake myself up 2 hours before I am due to do a long run when I can’t be bothered to actually get out of bed to make breakfast! I have a couple of these and go back to sleep, works a treat!! LAZY!!!
Makes 18-20 Squares
- 2 Very ripe bananas
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 3/4 Cup Protein Powder
- 2 &1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Cover a baking tray with parchment/greaseproof paper and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and place the coconut oil in a pan to heat on low for a few minutes
- Once the oil has melted, add the almond butter, maple syrup and mashed banana
- Once all mixed and liquidified, before it starts to boil, remove from the heat, stir in the oats, seeds and protein powder ensuring everything is fully coated
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray and press down until the mixture is compact on the tray
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the top has turned brown. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting
- Once cooled slice into squares and store in the freezer until you’re ready for them! They don’t take long to defrost and will be your lifesaver!!!