Ooh this is new re-vamp of my normal breakfast and I absolutely love it! It’s basically a much healthier, no sugar version of the shop bought stuff you get and a fabulous way to get your day off to the perfect start.
Even better though, it tastes so nice at any time of the day, so if you’ve got the munchies, reach for this stuff as a mid afternoon pick me up!! I’ve had some this afternoon just out of the jar (very bad manners I know!) but I am soo busy this week! Both my boys are now at school and rather than taking it easy for a few days I jumped right into the pool twice a day shadowing for part of my training as well as squeezing in a workout of my own, then back to being mummy. No rest for the wicked eh, but at least it’s stopped me from missing them, what’s more I will have abs of steel with all the water crunches I’ve been doing!
Seriously, exercise in the water is so good for letting you do what you can’t quite manage on land. Since my surgery last year I have such terribly weak abdominal muscles which often gives me trouble with my back, so I rarely do crunches at all on the floor, but ab work in the water allows you to do so much more!
Anyway, as usual I digress!!!…..
So spoon straight from the jar or enjoy a bit more sophistication and use a spoon!! but either way enjoy…xx
Makes 2 Jars:
- 2 Cups of 100% Natural Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup flax seeds
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- Coconut Oil Spray
- 1.5 Tbsp Agave
- 1.5 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cranberries
- Place all ingredients onto a baking tray apart from the Cranberries and Cinnamon
- Spray the coconut oil all over the nuts and seeds several times, ensuring all coated and do the same with the agave and stir thoroughly
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, stirring every ten minutes to make sure everything gets browned.
- Remove from oven and stir in the cinnamon and cranberries, allowing to cool before placing in an airtight container.