I love this dish, so tasty, so easy and full of goodness for a mid week meal.
Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
It is also a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers. So along with all the goodness in the spinach and the eggs this is a fabulous meal. Let’s get chomping!!
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach shredded
- 2 Handfuls of Rocket
- Bunch of Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Small Avocado
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Powder
- 3/4 Cup Plain non fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- Dash salt
- On each plate, distribute the rocket and spinach
- In a small bowl mash the avocado and mix with the yogurt, chipotle, lime juice and salt, and place a few spoonfuls around each plate
- Set one pan of water to boil
- Set another pan and steamer to boil and add the asparagus once the water is boiling. Let steam for about 5 minutes and remove
- Once the pan for the eggs has boiled, crack the eggs into the water and keep boiling for about 2 minutes. If your pan isn’t large enough for 4 eggs do two sets
- Arrange asparagus on the plates, and dribble with apple cider vinegar.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon (or let drain on kitchen towel), top the asparagus and…
And thoroughly enjoy!…xx