This is a beautiful salad, so full of flavour and umph! It makes a perfect summer’s evening meal, reminds me of being away on holiday!
The protein element of this dish is the Broad/Fava Beans which as a child I had such a dislike for. It really is to do with how you serve them though. On their own they are so dull and fairly tastless but mixed with these thai flavours, they are fabulous.
Broad/Fava beans are very high in protein, about 15g per serving and they contain plenty of health benefiting antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and plant-sterols. They are also high in dietary fibre, folates and Vitamin B6, so resulting in a very healthy, taste bud tickling meal!
- 1-2 Cups Chopped Kale
- 1 Courgette Spiralised
- 1 Red/Orange Pepper
- Tin Broad Beans/Fava Beans
- 1 Layer of White Cabbage sliced
- 1/3 Bag grated Carrot or 1 large Carrot
- 1\2 Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Edamame
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1\2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1\2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Agave
- Rinse and chop up all the vegetable ingredients into a large bowl
- Drain and rinse the broad beans and add to bowl
- In a mug or measuring jug mix the peanut butter, lime juice, garlic and ginger powder with the soy sauce and agave. Mix well and pour over salad
- Toss all together and distribute into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle the hemp and sesame seeds along with the roasted edamame over the top and serve