Every morning I start the day with a warm water and a large slice of fresh lemon. This funny looking yellow thing is actually a pretty fantastic little beauty.
I’ve apparently always had a thing for lemons; when I was little I used to raid the vegetable rack and just eat them like an apple, rind and everything!….weird….don’t think I could do that now but Lemons do have so much going for them that we probably don’t even realise!
Top Ten reasons to add Lemon into your daily diet:
- Warm water and lemon is a natural energizer. It hydrates and oxygenates the body, leaving it feeling refreshed and revitalized for quite some time.
- Rich in potassium, folate, Vitamin B6 and thiamin, lemons also contain large amounts of magnesium, calcium, phosphorous and Vitamins A and E.
- One lemon contains a massive 187% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C which is the quickest and easiest ways to boost your immune system. Vitamin C in Lemons also helps to reduce anxiety and depression
- As a natural disinfectant, it can heal wounds while also providing potent and immediate relief for virus-related conditions, as well as coughs, colds, flu and heartburn.
- It helps neutralize free radicals associated with aging and disease. It is also excellent for the skin.
- Lemon water helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and the Pectin Fibre found in lemon reduces your body’s hunger cravings and gives you the impression that you are full.
- It helps to maintain your body in an alkaline state
- Lemons can reduce fever by boosting your sweat glands
- Drinking lemon water throughout your meal is a great way to help with digestion. It helps loosen toxins in your digestive tract, and relieves those post heavy eating symptoms such as burping and bloating
- Lemon juice can help flush out any unwanted materials, so drinking lemon water increases the rate of urination which causes toxins to be released at a faster rate, keeping the urinary tract healthy
Clever little lemons aren’t they?!…. How many can you eat in one day?!…..