As long as I can remember I have always had to have sauces, dips and chutneys to add a little bit of an extra oomph to my plate. I even had one full cupboard designated for all my jars of goodies. But since Eating Clean I only eat natural foods so condiments have been an absolute no-no and the sauce cupboard is no more!
So when I made my new Mango Chutney I was very excited, it is the best thing ever! I actually made it by accident trying to use up an old ripe Mango!
Mango is quite a sweet fruit so I don’t tend to eat too much of it unless I am about to or have just worked out, but It makes a perfect accompaniment to chicken and salad for lunch. It’s also great as a dip for Sweet Potato Fries, Veggies or Ccrackers. I actually made it for my Treat meal to have with Cheese and it was superb!
Makes 1 Pot:
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 1/2 a Red Chilli
- Large thumbnail piece of fresh ginger, skin removed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp English Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Splash Maple Syrup
- Puree the Mango in the food processor
- Finely chop the chilli removing seeds
- Skin and very finely chop the ginger
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve